Updated February 24, 2015
The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information used to register as a user for the Site or Apps, whether directly on the Site or the Apps or through other social media channels, such as your name, telephone number, email address, social media account details, social media connections, contacts phonebook and photographs.
- your log-in and password details in order to log in
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries or comments regarding the Site, Apps or its content;
- information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or Apps, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- technical information from your mobile device (such as location data and contacts from your phonebook) relating to the service you receive;
- information that you post in the form of comments or contributions to the Site or Apps, which may include search terms you enter into the Site or Apps;
You are under no obligation to provide personal information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Technical data about your mobile device is also automatically recognized by our server which does not identify you.
Uses of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site or Apps which you request. This may include:
- disclosing and sharing your information to certain third parties if you were referred or linked to our Site or Apps from another third party website or application, or if our services are linked to another website or application which you access via our service;
- sending push notifications or other messages to contacts within your phonebook, but outside the service, if you have elected;
- accessing your social media profiles, friends and email addresses if you choose to link your account to any social media networks made available through the Service;
- administer your account with us;
- improve our product, including
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- provide location services requested by you. You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by going to your device settings and turning off location services.
You can at any time discontinue the use of your information, if you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you.
- All of the information which is shared by you on the Site or Apps are only shared publicly with the connections that are defined by you within the Service. When you share information via the Site or Apps, you should think carefully about who you wish to share that information with and adjust your connections accordingly.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to, and users of, the Site and the Apps in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site or Apps, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- In the event that we undergo re-organization or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site, Apps or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Cookie and similar technology
- remember that you have used the Site or App before – this means that we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive and allows us to make sure that we have enough capacity for the number of users we get;
- allow you to navigate the Site and App more easily;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Site or App;
- store your preferences;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site or App for you;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site or App so that we can improve the Site and/or App;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site.
Some of the cookies used on our Site or Apps are set by us and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
You can change your browser to prevent cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is set. However, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or Apps.
Zēblist does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Site and Apps may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States.
Zēblist, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.